19 Nov 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize awarded to Jacob Tsimerman
The 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize has been awarded to Jacob Tsimerman of the University of Toronto, Candan. The official prize announcement can be found here. The prize is awarded every year since 2005 to a young mathematician under the age of 32 in areas which are influenced by the work of Ramanujan. Previous winners include Terence Tao, Manjul Bhargava, James Maynard, etc.
Tsimerman has made deep and highly original contributions to diverse parts of number theory, and most notably to the famous Andre-Oort Conjecture. More information about his research can be found here.
Latest posts by Manjil Saikia (see all)
- A look back at the 5th Heidelberg Laureate Forum - October 23, 2017
- 7 Advantages of Online Math Tutoring that you probably don’t know - October 16, 2017
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad India 2017 Questions - October 14, 2017
- Exams at Different Stages of Engineering - September 29, 2017
- HLFF extends cooperation agreement with the award-granting institutions - September 29, 2017