26 Oct Biz-Tech quiz – 1
1) X is the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. X, founded on July 18, 1968, is a portmanteau of Integrated Electronics (the fact that X is the term for intelligence information was also quite suitable). Since X was already trademarked by a hotel chain, they had to buy the rights for the name.
Identify the company.
2) X is a privately held, online gaming portal, with browser games in India (services provided globally), promoted by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group's subsidiary company Reliance Big Entertainment. Launched in 2006, the site provides a very large collection of casual games, including some famous games like Bejeweled from PopCap Games & Diner Dash from PlayFirst. They claim to host the largest collection of online casual games, compared to any gaming website in India and are also among the top 50 portals according to Alexa ratings. This gaming site is meant for all kids and teenagers between the ages of 8–25 years.
3) He is John Tukey. Early in his career he worked on developing statistical methods for computers at Bell Labs where he invented the term “bit”. However the term X, which Paul Niquette claims he coined in 1953, was first used in print by Tukey in a 1958 article in American Mathematical Monthly, and thus some attribute the term to him.
4) John Edward Warnock is an American computer scientist. Along with Charles Geschke he founded a company, which one of the popular typefaces, Warnock, is named after him.
Just name the company.
5) The idea of this name was proposed by Jim Kardach. At the time he was reading Frans Gunnar Bengtsson's historical novel The Long Ships.
The logo is a bind rune merging the Younger Futhark runes and Bjarkan.
What am I talking about?
6) InGen (International Genetic Technologies, Incorporated) is a genetic engineering company founded in 1983. The company is based in Palo Alto, California with facilities on the islands of Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar. Name its most famous property, located on Isla Nublar.
7) Every year, November 21 is World X Day. The objective is to say X to at least ten people on the day. By greeting others, the message is for world leaders to use communication rather than using force to settle conflicts.
Give me X.
8) This is a social networking website by which famous brand/company?
9) This is the original blueprint of which ‘famous’ website?
10) This lady is not significant in the IT world, however her husband is. Who?
11) His name is Nathaniel Baldwin. What is contribution to the world of technology/modern day lifestyle?
12) Bram Cohen (born: October 12, 1975) is an American computer programmer. He is the co-founder of CodeCon, organizer of theSan Francisco Bay Area P2P-hackers meeting, and the co-author of Codeville. Apart from this he developed a file sharing system in 2002, which is phenomenal. What?
13) This company was founded in 1988 by Dr. Eli Harari, Jack Yuan and Sanjay Mehrotra, non-volatile memory technology experts. In 1988, Dr. Harari launched the company that would become X with former Intel colleague Sanjay Mehrotra (now President and Chief Executive Officer), and former Hughes Electronics colleague Jack Yuan.
14) He is the photographer of "the most viewed photograph of all time”. The photograph is alternatively named as Ireland and Alentejo. Just name him and the photograph.
15) What is going on in this picture?
16) She is considered to be the first what?
17) This online music store is own by which company/website?
18) What famous icon is created by this gentleman?
19) Where you can famously see this car with this number?
20) It was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, both veterans of Yahoo!, and is based in Santa Clara, California. According to the Financial Times, it “has done to SMS on mobile phones what Skype did to international calling on landlines.”
What am I talking about?
4) Adobe system
6) Donossaur of Jurasik park
7) World Hello Day
10) Mark Zukerberg. Her name is Pricilla Chan.
11) He invented earphones.
14) Charles O'Rear
15) Microsoft employees carry a coffin for Apple's iPhone.
16) 1st computer programmer. She is Ada Lovelace (Lady Byron).
19) Beatles abbey road, the volkswagon