02 May Business Quiz - 3
1) This service was started in January 24, 2004 by Google. It is named after a Turkish engineer, who was a Google employee and it’s founder. On June 30, 2014, Google announced it will be closing it on September 30, 2014.
What am I talking about?
2) Mum was the first brand of commercial X. Containing a zinc compound as its active ingredient, it was developed and patented by an inventor in Philadelphia in 1888 whose name has been lost to history. It was named for the term "mum" meaning "to keep silent" as in the popular phrase "Mum's the word”. The small company was bought by Bristol-Myers in 1931.
What kind of product was the MUM?
3) The following are the ingredients of what?
- Carbonated water
- Sugar (sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup depending on country of origin)
- Phosphoric acid
- Caramel color (E150d)
- Natural flavorings.
4) It is registered in Singapore, and owned by a Singapore-based holding company. It operates in India, where it is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. According to Alexa Interne, it’s website is one of the 10 most visited websites in India.
Which company or website I am talking about?
5) X are the ideograms or smiley used in Japanese electronic messages and WebPages, the use of which is spreading outside Japan. Originally meaning pictograph, the word X literally means "picture" + "character".
The first X were created in 1998 or 1999 by Shigetaka Kurita.
What is X?
6) With the help of these two gentlemen, name the world famous IT company?
7) X is the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. X, founded on July 18, 1968, is a portmanteau of Integrated Electronics (the fact that X is the term for intelligence information was also quite suitable). Since X was already trademarked by a hotel chain, they had to buy the rights for the name.
Identify the company.
8) X is a privately held, online gaming portal, with browser games in India (services provided globally), promoted by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group's subsidiary company Reliance Big Entertainment. Launched in 2006, the site provides a very large collection of casual games, including some famous games like Bejeweled from PopCap Games & Diner Dash from PlayFirst. They claim to host the largest collection of online casual games, compared to any gaming website in India and are also among the top 50 portals according to Alexa ratings. This gaming site is meant for all kids and teenagers between the ages of 8–25 years.
9) He is John Tukey. Early in his career he worked on developing statistical methods for computers at Bell Labs where he invented the term “bit”. However the term X, which Paul Niquette claims he coined in 1953, was first used in print by Tukey in a 1958 article in American Mathematical Monthly, and thus some attribute the term to him.
10) Which brand of pencil shares its name with traditional dancer of Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia?
3) Coke or COCA-COLA.
6) HP- Hewlett-Packard.