02 Apr New International Mathematics of Planet Earth Competition
A second international MPE competition for science museum exhibits (modules) was announced at the Next Einstein Forum in Dakar, Senegal on March 10 2016.
The competition is organized jointly by Mathematics of Planet Earth (MPE), the International Basic Science Program (IBSP) at UNESCO, the International Mathematical Union (IMU), the International Commission of Mathematical Instruction (ICMI) and IMAGINARY.
The modules submitted to the competition will enrich the virtual Open Source MPE Exhibition. They can be downloaded and adapted by science museums and schools and can serve as examples for inputs for the new competition.
The deadline for the new MPE competition is June 30 2017, and the competition will be judged by an international jury.
The modules submitted can be of four types:
- Program: An interactive software exhibit to be used either on the web or in a museum.
- Hands-on: A module explaining how to realize a physical module in a museum.
- Film: A short video that can be shown in an exhibition.
- Image gallery: A collection of images accompanied of their mathematical description.
- First prize: 5000 USD
- Second prize: 2000 USD
- Third prize: 1000 USD
Special prize for African module: 2000 USD.
More information at www.mathofplanetearth.org/
Latest posts by Gonit Sora (see all)
- Top Quality Help with Math’s and Science Homework and Assignment - August 4, 2017
- Top Revision Techniques in the Age of Digital Learning - May 18, 2017
- Few Problems - 3 - May 10, 2017