12 May Statistics Quiz (I)
1) For a forward difference table the points with so on, and for the function say, which of the following statements is true?
2) “If is continuous in then for any in that interval, we shall have a polynomial such that
0." /> ”
Which mathematician is this theorem due to?
3) In theorizing Simpson’s rule of integration, it was presumed that the integrand has to be approximated by a second degree polynomial. If this condition is not satisfied, we usually take small values of the length of the interval, h. However to integrate
A) two intervals will be sufficient.
B) more than two intervals will be needed.
4) Fpr the sample points is a
A) Least Square Estimation of
B) Maximum Likelihood Estimation of
C) Maximum Chi-square Estimation of
D) None of the above.
5) For the linear equation
A) Co-efficient of determination.
B) Co-efficient of non-determination.
C) Co-efficient of variation.
D) Co-efficient of correlation.
6) For a Bernoulli random variable, if is the probability of success and is the probability of failure, then the is
7) If is a binomial variate with mean and variance then which of the following statements will be sufficient for to follow the Poisson Law:
8) In measuring trend by the method of moving average, the no, of terms to be considered for averaging is decided by
A) the length of the shortest circle.
B) the no of cycles.
C) the length of cycles.
D) none of the above.
9) If are random observations, then
A) a random variable, but not a stochastic process.
B) a stochastic process.
C) neither a random variable nor a stochastic process.
D) a stochastic process, but not a random variable.
10) The Weiner stochastic process with constant time is known in the theory of statistics as the
A) Binomial Distribution.
B) Poisson Distribution.
C) Normal Distribution.
D) Hyper Geometric Distribution.
1) D , 2) B , 3) A , 4) A , 5) B , 6) D , 7) D , 8) A, 9) B , 10) C.
Research Scholar, Department of Statistics,