30 Nov Weirstrass' M-Test
We shall state and prove a very important result in Real Analysis called the Weirstrass' M-Test. The statement of the theorem is give below.
Let be a sequence of positive real numbers such that for , . If the series is convergent, then is uniformly convergent on .
We prove the result as follows:
If n" />, we have the relation,
Since is convergent so there exists some such that,
The above relations imply,
It is thus clear now that is uniformly convergent on .
There are other variants of this result, which is left for a later post.
Latest posts by Gonit Sora (see all)
- An Interview with Cedric Villani: 2010 Fields Medalist - September 29, 2017
- Top Quality Help with Math’s and Science Homework and Assignment - August 4, 2017
- Top Revision Techniques in the Age of Digital Learning - May 18, 2017
- Few Problems - 3 - May 10, 2017
- Yves Meyer receives the 2017 Abel Prize - March 21, 2017