28 Jan Workshop on Algebra and Analysis at Tezpur University
Problem solving is an intricate skill and a very crucial part of any Mathematics education. This needs to be nurtured, and in general any effort to develop such seems to be very much neglected in this geographical part (North East) of the country. With this goal in mind, the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University is organising a one week workshop on Algebra and Analysis for the students from colleges and universities of north east from 17 to 23 February, 2015. The workshop is sponsored by NBHM, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. Students from 2nd and 3rd year of B.Sc. and 1st year of M.Sc. in Mathematics or Statistics will be preferred.
How to apply: The application form is attached herewith. The completed application form duly signed by the head of the department should reach the undersigned on or before 9th February 2015 via e-mail only (Scan copy).
N.B. The candidates will be provided accommodation in the Hostel with mattress and pillow. But they have to bring bad sheets, pillow cover and blankets on their own. Food (breakfast + lunch + dinner) and TA (for bus or sleeper class Rail journey) will be provided (on production of valid bus or rail ticket). Only 40 participants will be selected for the programme and the name of the selected candidates will be published on 11th February 2015 at Tezpur University website. The selected participants will have to confirm their participation by 12th February 2015.
Address for correspondence:
Dr. Dhiren Kumar Basnet, 9435031700, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative List of Speakers:
1. Dr. Ritumoni Sarma, IIT Delhi
2. Dr. P.A.S. Sree Krishna, IIT Guwahati
3. Dr. Bhupen Deka, IIT Guwahati
4. Prof. Nayandeep Deka Baruah, Tezpur University
5. Dr. Dhiren Kumar Basnet, Tezpur University
Workshop on Algebra and Analysis
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Tezpur University, Napaam
17 – 23 February 2015.
1. Name :
3. Institution and address:
4. Address for correspondence:
5. Phone No. / E-mail:
6. Percentage of marks in up to the last exam (semester):
7. Why do you want to participate in the programme:
Signature of the candidate Signature of HOD
Paste a recent passport size photo:
Latest posts by Gonit Sora (see all)
- Top Revision Techniques in the Age of Digital Learning - May 18, 2017
- Few Problems - 3 - May 10, 2017
- Yves Meyer receives the 2017 Abel Prize - March 21, 2017