25 Nov Workshop: Influence of Ramanujan in Number Theory at Tezpur University
As a part of the Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN), a workshop on the Influence of Ramanujan in Number Theory will take place at Tezpur University from July 25 to August 6, 2016. The speakers for this workshop will be Prof. Bruce C. Berndt (UIUC), Prof. Nayandeep Deka Baruah (Tezpur) and Dr. Rupam Barman (IIT Delhi).
The proposed course will mainly cover the following topics:
Ramanujan: Life and a brief overview of his contributions in various fields, his earlier notebooks, the lost notebook and his famous papers.
q-series, theta functions and related topics and applications to number theory.
The Rogers-Ramanujan functions and continued fractions.
Hypergeometric series, elliptic curves and supercongruences.
Ramanujan’s contributions to partition theory, famous congruences, rank and crank.
Ramanujan’s mock theta functions and some recent developments.
For more information about the courses, how to apply and the speakers, see below. (If the file is not viewable, please click here.)Ramanujan
Latest posts by Manjil Saikia (see all)
- A look back at the 5th Heidelberg Laureate Forum - October 23, 2017
- 7 Advantages of Online Math Tutoring that you probably don’t know - October 16, 2017
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad India 2017 Questions - October 14, 2017
- Exams at Different Stages of Engineering - September 29, 2017
- HLFF extends cooperation agreement with the award-granting institutions - September 29, 2017