23 Jan Most Intriguing Facts About Science & Maths
Undoubtedly science and maths are the most interesting yet difficult subjects. In case of these two subjects, students generally find difficulty in scoring good marks and understanding the concepts as it requires high analytical skills. Hence, students find these subjects boring. However, there are several facts about science and maths that will make you realize that these are one of the most amazing subjects and hopefully these facts will encourage you to learn more information regarding these subjects.
Here are some intriguing facts about science and maths that will blow your mind:
- There is enough DNA in an average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back for almost 17 times.
- Triple point is such a condition where water can freeze and boil at the same time.
- The Sun accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System.
- Earth is the only planet in the whole solar system where water can be present in its three states i.e. solid, liquid and vapour.
- The Earth is 4.56 billion years old i.e the same age as the Moon and the Sun.
- A human nose can remember 50,000 different scents!
- Bees have five eyes.
- 40 is the only number when written “forty” has letters in alphabetical order, while 1 is the only number when written “one” has letters in reverse order alphabetically.
- From 0 to 1000, the letter “A” appears only in 1000 (“one thousand”).
- Zero (0) is the only number which can’t be represented by Roman numerals.
- 111111111 * 111111111 = 12345678987654321
- Zero is an even number.
These were some of the interesting facts, Subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube video channel to learn complex topics like gravitation, resistors and other fun facts with engaging video lectures –
Managing Editor of the English Section, Gonit Sora and Research Associate, Cardiff University, UK.