21 Apr Open STEM Quiz 2021
Gonit Sora is organizing the second annual STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Quiz 2021 on 15th and 16th May 2021. The school quiz is open for all. There are prizes worth Rs. 7000 for all finalists in the quiz.
The quizmasters of the quiz are Salik Miskat Borbora and Dr. Manjil P. Saikia. Registration form is at the end of this post, registration is free and each team can have either one or two members. In case of any queries then please feel free to contact the quizmaster via email at [email protected] If there are general queries about Gonit Sora or the quiz as a whole you can also contact our Managing Editor at [email protected]
Registration will close at 6 pm IST on 13th May, 2020.
If you are also interested in the School Quiz then please click here.
The registration form is given below. The rules and how to’s of the quiz are as follows:
- All registered participants will be added to a WhatsApp group.
- Prelims will be conducted via Google Forms on 15th May (Saturday), 2021 at 6 pm IST, the exact links will be emailed to the team members email ids.
- The email will contain important instructions on how to answer.
- Teams of maximum two members are allowed in the prelims.
- Top six open teams will qualify to the finals.
- Mains will be conducted from 6 pm IST 16 May (Sunday), 2021 over Zoom and will be livestreamed on our FB page for non-qualifying teams to watch in real time.
- Details about tie-breakers and any other special rule will be announced well ahead of time.
- To look at the questions of the open quiz held last year, please click here.
- By agreeing to participate in this prelims and subsequent finals (in case you are selected) you agree to adhere by our honour code which is that you will not use any unfair means to answer the questions, this includes but is not limited to seeking help from the Internet, from your relatives or friends or anyone else who is not your team member, or seeking help from books or any other medium (electronic or otherwise). In case you are caught using such unfair means then you will be summarily disqualified from participating in the quiz.
To register for the Open Quiz please click here.
All participants are requested to keep checking their emails for more information.
Managing Editor of the English Section, Gonit Sora and Research Associate, Cardiff University, UK.