31 Dec Some Interesting Properties of the Number 2016
We look at some interesting properties of the number . We mention in passing that the year is a leap year.
- The number factors as .
- From the factorisation a lot of interesting observations can be made. Such as divides . The previous number where the number formed by its last two digits divide it was and the next such number would be .
- can be written as . Thus, number of ways of choosing two different squares from a chessboard is .
- is also the sixty-third triangular number.
- is divisible by all single digit positive integers other than .
- in binary base looks like and hence,
- is one less than a prime number and five more than another prime number.
For more interesting properties visit the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences and search for 2016 to see lots of interesting sequences which contain 2016.
I am a PhD student at University College London. I am also an editor of the English section.