21 Apr The Albert Einstein Quiz
It is said that this quiz was made up by Albert Einstein and according to him 98% will not solve it.
There is a row of five houses, each having a different colour. In these houses live five people of various nationalities. Each of them nurtures a different beast, likes different drinks and smokes different brand of cigars.
1. The Brit lives in the Red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.
Which of the five house owners keeps fish as a pet? (Are you one of the 2%).
Collected by Manashprotim Rajkonwar.
MSc 2nd semester, Tezpur University.
Managing Editor of the English Section, Gonit Sora and Research Associate, Cardiff University, UK.